CANCELLED: 2020 SAC Flea Market
CANCELLATION NOTICE: Seniors' Activity Centre Flea Market
The West Vancouver Seniors’ Activity Centre Advisory Board decided to cancel the Flea Market event, scheduled for Sunday, April 5, 2020.
The Flea Market attracts upwards of 5,000 people each year and is hosted and operated the SAC Advisory Board and by older adult volunteers.
This decision to cancel was made by the Board after taking into account requests from the volunteers, to reduce their risk of exposure to COVID-19 at such a large scale events.
The Seniors’ Activity Centre will remain open and active with programs and services running as usual. These cancellations do not indicate any additional risk in our community.
We will not be accepting Flea Market donations.
Below are a few alternate ways to make donations.
- SACS on 21st (Seniors’ Activity Centre Shop): Drop off donations at the shop or Seniors’ Activity Centre front desk during facility hours.
- Salvation Army Thrift Store: Drop off donations in the alley behind the thrift store at 1582 Marine Drive between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Visit thriftstore.ca for a list of items that can be donated.
SCHEDULE A PICK-UP
- Big Brothers Big Sisters: Visit bigbrothersvancouver.com or call 604-526-2447 to have donations of clothing, household items and furniture picked up from your home.
- Diabetes Canada: Clothing, books, toys, household items, electronics and more can be picked up from your home. Go to diabetes.ca or call 1-800-505-5525 to schedule a time.
- Helping Families in Need Society: Call 604-294-3087 to schedule a pickup of household items. Visit helpingfamiliesinneed.org for a list of accepted donations.
- Habitat for Humanity: Visit habitatgv.ca for a list of items that can be donated and to schedule a pick-up time.
- Helping Families in Need Society: Visit http://helpingfamiliesinneed.org/?page_id=14 for donation and pick-up options.